The Human Resource Assistant will report to the Human Resource Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of administrative support in the implementation of HR policies and procedures. The scope of work will encompass day to day HR administrative activities such as leave and attendance management and maintenance of employee records.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Custodian of personnel records/files; Responsible for maintenance, regular update and proper storage of staff records and files on a continuous basis in line with internal guidelines.
- Manage employees’ attendance and leave management and initiate appropriate action against any violations as per the attendance and leave policies
- Prepare all administrative details necessary to carry out the interview. This will include scheduling interviews, contacting candidates, interview venue preparation, preparing and circulating interview packs to the panellists and collating interview feedback.
- Prepare staff on-boarding, orientation/ induction programmes in liaison with line managers and the departmental head; Facilitate for necessary background checks of new hires prior to onboarding
- Provide support for the training function by preparing and facilitating for training; liaising with NITA for approvals and reimbursement claims.
- Assist in the interpretation, enforcement and compliance of the company’s HR policies and procedures at all times.
- Act as the focal point for pension and medical schemes, assist in enrolment, renewals and claim issues
- Prepare HR letters and documentation such as employment contracts and warning letters in line with prescribed templates
- Execute the disciplinary hearing process and facilitate the implementation of disciplinary recommendations
- Collection and collation of data and preparation of HR reports under the guidance of the HR Manager.
- Provide administrative and HR operational support including supporting in the handling of all employee relations issues that might arise; dealing with grievances and escalate them as appropriate.
- Manage the exit process; conduct exit interviews where applicable, ensure full clearance and follow up on the processing of final dues
Academic and Professional Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or equivalent with a postgraduate diploma in HRM
- IHRM membership
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good team player with an ability to work in a diverse environment
- Good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritize
- Good analytical ability and numerical skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills with the ability to multitask
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills; and
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity