About Mount Kenya University
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a Chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The University student population consists of privately and Government sponsored students. It has a dynamic, comprehensive and high quality academic and vocational training system. The University has linkages with similar and reputable institutions.
MKU has its main campus in Thika and other campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru. Its Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODeL) centres are located in major towns in Kenya and in Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. It has established Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences - an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health Sciences in Kitale. The University also operates MKU Kigali, a cross-border campus based in the Republic of Rwanda.
Detailed vacancy information
- HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES)
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Assist in the management of interns and students on attachment at the University in accordance with the requests received from the departments and directorates in need.
- Assist in the onboarding process of interns and attachés across all campuses.
- Assist in management of payroll by providing relevant employee information from the directorate.
- Assisting in preparation of human resource documents relating to appointment, contract renewal, transfers in line with University Management Board resolutions.
- Assist in the management of leave and medical records.
- Generate regular reports on employees whose contracts are to expire by the 5th of every month.
- Receive and compile exit interview forms for data analysis.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to both employees and the HR directorate.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or relevant area of specialization
- 3 years’ experience at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
Skills and Core Competences:
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages and Human Resource Information System.
- Experience in labour laws, procedures and policies.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to relate to the internal customers.
- Ability to work and deliver to deadlines.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Successful candidates shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Mount Kenya University terms and conditions of service.
Applications Requirements /Procedure
- Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence through the email address below attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) that clearly indicates the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only email (softcopy) applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th August 2020 will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.