HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section20).
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit a Human Resource Management and Development Officer to support the Human Resource Management and Development Division at the Council:
2.0 Job Purpose
The job entails implementation of human resource and development strategies, work plans, policies, and procedures.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Management and Development Officer, the Human Resource Management and Development Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Administer and collate staff performance appraisals.
• Maintain accurate record of expiry of contracts, probationary periods, and acting appointments and submit reports for decision making.
• Develop probation evaluation reports for confirmation of staff in service.
• Participate in various cross cutting committees assigned from time to time.
• Undertake accurate filing and archiving of various staff records electronically and physically.
• Implement with guidance human resource management strategies, policies and programs.
• Implement employee recruitment, promotion, leave, transfer, and exit documents.
• Draft and verify routine correspondences for review.
• Collate and analyze training applications.
• Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Carry out administrative support in recruitment and selection of staff.
• Participate in the implementation of ERP Human Resource Modules.
• Comply with all statutory labour laws and regulatory framework.
• Draft the Division’s budget and workplans as provided for in PFM Act 2012.
• Participate in the processing of payroll
3.0 Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
a. Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business Management/Administration or in a related field from a recognized institution.
• Membership to a relevant professional body.
b. Experience and Functional Skills
• Minimum of one (1) year experience.
c. Functional Skills
• Basic understanding of functional areas of Human Resource Management.
• Basic understanding of Human resource management policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Proficiency in use of Ms. Office tools
• Good communication skills
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply;
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter to email@example.com on or before Friday 18th June, 2021, indicating the name of the position in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.