In this role, you work with the MD and the leadership of the firm to 1) as a given, nurture a healthy working environment within the existing HR policies and processes; 2) bring modern thinking on what is possible when HR serves as a source of competitive advantage to help people bring their best self to work by fostering a learning culture, driving employee engagement and generating superior performance. The job becomes a vehicle for you to find meaning in your work.
We might be a good fit for you if you find fulfillment in:
1. Working strategically and creatively to align human resources with the company business strategy.
2. Working with people to help them gain mastery of core skills necessary to succeed in their life and work.
3. Growing people and teams by fostering a learning culture that challenges them to continuously grow and be
accountable for their learner-focused growth and linking that to the strategic business objectives.
4. Managing and retaining talent and teams by helping them leverage their core strength based on analytical tools.
5. Planning for and overseeing human resources policies and processes that nurture a healthy working environment that ensures that all hygiene issues are resolved expeditiously.
6. Overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that fosters high performance and optimal delivery of work.
7. Being a stakeholder in the company and a committed member of the team around shared goals (taking initiative and ownership of your work, making decisions, thinking ahead and having a solution-orientation and delivering complete actions, working with others to make things constantly better)
About our Company
We are Apex Porter Novelli (www.apn.co.ke) a full-service Public Relations and Strategic communications agency, known for producing highly effective work that delivers results that support our clients’ business and organizational objectives. We are brand partner of Porter Novelli (www.porternovelli.com ) the global communication agency which gives us access to world class tools and resources. We have been in business for more than 15 years and believe that the most sustainable way to grow our business is by developing our people. At the core, we have a growth mind-set and have an innovative in-house learning and development programme that is critical to the success of our business.
What we are looking for:
• A growth mind-set—your default setting is one of a learner—you are curious and are constantly challenging how things are done and are seeking ways to improve them.
• Ability to help individuals and team members across the agency maintain linkage between their day-to-day work and the strategic objectives of the business.
• Strong inter-personal and influencing skills and ability to work with individuals at different levels of the company.
• Willingness to master and apply analytics that link productivity with both financial and other business metrics.
• Ability to plan and tap the expertise of team members to advance the existing learning and development initiatives.
• Natural orientation towards learning and development and willingness to see this as an opportunity to find purpose and meaning in your work.
• Well grounded in standard HR best practices and policies from both a management and legal compliance perspective.
If you think you are a good fit, please visit the following link:(https://forms.gle/wWXDoyhZ1kFjihBf9) and answer these questions:
1. Why are you a good fit?
2. What is culture to a company?
3. What makes a team effective?
4. What would you like to do differently in human resources to foster learning and development?
5. What learning experiences have had the greatest impact in your life.?
6. What do you believe in?
Do not send your CV. All your responses for all questions should not exceed one page.