Providing day to day human resource services in the areas of recruitment, induction, staff records management, staff medical services liaison, leave administration, disciplinary, human resource planning and separation processes
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Salary: Kshs 70,000 – 80,000
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
• Providing day to day human resource services in the areas of recruitment, induction, staff records management, staff medical services liaison, leave administration, disciplinary, human resource planning and separation processes;
• Development of HR policies, strategies and processes, performance appraisals;
• HR reporting and assisting in any HR projects that may come up from time to time as well as development of improved tools and processes to enhance the HR function for the school.
Key tasks and deliverables
• Develop recruitment strategies and policies to cater for a large-scale streamlined/ongoing hiring of teachers and school managers, including advertising in the local communities, designing and setting up mass interview and screening days, vetting processes, hiring and tracking systems.
• Develop recruitment plans in coordination with relevant departments- including activity flows, budgets and cost tracking and regular feedback on key aspects of the recruitment process
• Build systems to optimize the cycle of scheduling, recruiting, testing, interviewing, for and during the hiring of school managers, teachers, land scouts, site foreman.
• Improve the existing and develop new screening assessments (for example, Math and English tests, written applications, public speaking exercises, mock sales pitches, personality and aptitude tests)
• Evaluate and improve the process of administering, scoring and conducting final round of interviews with relevant department members
• Managing the hiring of other employees who support recruitment for schools (recruiting officers, recruiting assistants, marketing). This will include but is not limited to all the administrative communication with the candidates, interviewing, training, and performance management.
• Track the recruitment data management of all relevant HR information into the database related to school employees is entered and updated regularly
• Track the government’s minimum wages’ guidelines and ensure BIA is compliant
• Work closely and support the Training Department and the School Operations on all aspects of teacher/school manager recruitment
Human Resource Management
• Ensure compliance on statutory documents and other related matters by the school employees
• Ensuring the expeditious issuance and signing of contracts for school employees and all the relevant details updated on the payroll system accordingly.
• Ensure the provision of data/information on transport subsidies for multiple locations which will be updated on quarterly basis
• Manage ongoing Human Resources issues related to teachers and school managers
• Ensuring the required level of HR support to all the schools is provided on a timely and effective way
• Formulate a succession planning system to ensure the organization has a ready supply of staff with the requisite skills and competencies.
• Co-ordinate the internal communications, manage the human relations, provide guidance and counsel and act as a link between the staff and management in order to maintain an informed and motivated human resources
• Ensure an up to-date data base of staff leave entitlement and utilization in line with leave policy guidelines is maintained.
• Coordinate the performance management process for the school employees and ensure a data base of their contract dates is maintained and communicated to Head of School Operations on due dates for appraisals, contract renewals, probationary reviews and contract end dates
• Develop appropriate staff appraisal results management systems to ensure appropriate information and follow up of results.
Human Resource Policy
• Responsible for development, implementation, management, effective communication and periodic review of the schools’ human resources policies and procedures in accordance with organization’s goals and statutory requirements.
Human Resource Development & Employee Relations
• Manage the overall employee relations for the schools and ensure a positive management culture and ethics is institutionalized at all levels
• Work closely with HR team at the Headquarters to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings and recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes.
• Provide guidance in formulating staff development initiatives to ensure the staff have the necessary skills/competencies and coordinate/compile the annual Staff Development Plan.
• Lead the on boarding process for all new staff in coordination with the Training Department and support the HR team to carry out induction sessions.
• Develop an appropriate system to ensure outgoing staff go through a proper exit interview in order to capture feedback and insights that would improve the organizational processes and systems.
• Provide monthly reports on HR activities to be incorporated into monthly, quarterly and annual reports. This includes changes in headcounts, leave status, gender and age distribution, absenteeism reports and other reports in the HR scorecard
• Analysis of staffing distribution into full time, permanent substitute, backup on a monthly basis
• Preparing monthly reports to provide a summary of key HR events during the month.
• Participate in the HR budgeting process
• Support new HR projects that may be initiated by senior management.
• Propose and supervise HR process improvement initiatives.
• Minimum of 5 years progressive experience as a Human Resource Manager in a school setting environment
• Age: 35 years and above
• Bachelor Degree in either Human Resource Management, Administration, Social Sciences
• Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from a reputable institution
• Membership to a HR Professional body
• Knowledge of the Labour Laws of Kenya
• Experience in HR strategic planning and execution
• Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programmes
• Excellent capacity in managing the recruiting and hiring processes for schools with high volumes of new hires
• Strong ability to quickly understand what is required of a position, define the detailed requirements, and know how to source, screen and interview people who will fit that role.
• Function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.