About Mount Kenya University
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a Chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The University student population consists of privately and Government sponsored students. It has a dynamic, comprehensive and high quality academic and vocational training system. The University has linkages with similar and reputable institutions.
MKU has its main campus in Thika and other campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru. Its Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODeL) centres are located in major towns in Kenya and in Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. It has established Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences - an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health Sciences in Kitale. The University also operates MKU Kigali, a cross-border campus based in the Republic of Rwanda.
Detailed vacancy information
- HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (ADMINISTRATION & RECORDS MANAGEMENT)
- Providing effective front line customer service on human resource related issues.
- Issuance of documents from the Human Resource Directorate to concerned staff and effecting the same in the physical file and in the HRMIS.
- Ensure timely implementation of the University Management resolutions for updating of records and facilitation of payroll instructions.
- Review and recommend areas of automation within the Human Resource Management Information System for improved human resource services across the University.
- Generate reports from the Human Resource Management Information system as required to facilitate decision making by the University management.
- Organize and maintain all records of all categories of staff i.e. Fulltime, Contract, Temporal Associate and Adjunct Faculty, External Examiners or any other category of staff approved by the University Management.
- Perform quarterly HR file audits to ensure that all required documents are in employee files as per Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines.
- Updating the internal Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) database.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- 3 years’ experience at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
Skills and Core Competences:
- Possess effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as logical and sound decision making ability;
- Possess human resource management knowledge and expertise, especially on HRMIS;
- Should be a self-starter, self-motivated and self-controlled
- A team player with strong follow-up skills
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Successful candidates shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Mount Kenya University terms and conditions of service.
Applications Requirements /Procedure
- Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence through the email address below attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) that clearly indicates the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only email (softcopy) applications sent to email@example.com on or before 14th August 2020 will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.