REF NO: SGK-HRO-06-2021
JOB CATEGORY: Supervisory
SALARY: KSHS. 50,000 - 60,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Related Discipline.
- Professional Training: Diploma in Human Resource Management from A Recognized Institution A Must.
- Member, Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Experience: 2-3 years’ experience preferably in very busy hospitality work environment.
DUTIES: Human Resource Officer’s main role is to offer professional and operational human resource support through the human resource department to ensure optimal functioning of the company through its manpower by performing the following duties: -
Support Recruitment, Selection and Placement function
- Preparation of adverts and short listing of suitable candidates
- Undertaking interviews, job descriptions, appointments
- Placement, inductions and orientations
- Confirmations in appointment and staff contracts management
Support Performance Management function.
- Assist in management & coordination of performance management & appraisal process
- Assist in setting targets and objectives with /for all staff
- Participate in systematic evaluation of the individual’s job performance and potential
- Giving feedback to employees
- Assist in drawing reward schemes and development plans
Support Staff Training and Development function
- Assist in training needs assessment
- Preparation of the annual training calendar & budgets
- Coordination of annual training programs and liaison with the manager.
- Correspondence to staff on training and development opportunities.
- Coordination and implementation of internship and apprenticeship programs
Support Employee relations function
- Assist in staff communication, solving staff day to day issues & employee welfare
- Support the manager in handling all matters related to industrial and labor relations.
- Support the Manager in discipline management and enforcement within the law.
- Liaison with external relevant bodies – Unions, Industrial Court, Federation of Kenya Employers.
Support Occupational Health, Safety and Environment function
- Assist in sensitization to all staff on occupation health and safety awareness to minimize accidents.
- Ensure the action activities & annual work plans of the OSH committee are implemented.
- Undertaking workplace inspections and ensure implementation of minimum workplace standards.
Support Records management and Registry function
- Ensure staff records are well managed & archived
- Ensure effective retrieval of staff information
- Control & monitor of staff files movement.
- Assist in management of daily casual wages & payroll preparation.
- Assist in generation of various reports on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis.
- Assist in developing & implementing company policies, SOPs & other useful documents.
- Assist in management of company uniforms & PPEs.
- Assist in staff attendance & leave management.
- Any other duty as directed from time to time.