REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
This position is responsible for completeness, timely, accurate and quick retrieval of all HR documentation in the department for management decision and is also instrumental in the development of Human Resources Records. She/he also assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation and recruitment.
• Obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule for all recurring office expenditure. Also obtain estimate value of goods and services through multiple quotations from reliable and competitive suppliers.
• Follow up with suppliers and vendors to monitor the delivery of approved department supplies.
• Plan and monitor routine office expenditure.
• Provide staff support by handling walk-up and phone interactions, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming department correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations.
• Administrative Processing, verification, and maintaining documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, and performance evaluations.
• Process employee enrolments and terminations as required.
• Prepare employee communication and correspondences.
• Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR activities.
• Interpretation & enforcement of Human Resource policies and employment regulations among members of staff.
• Ensuring employee files are maintained confidentially and are up to date & the scanned Dropbox files are also up to date at all times.
• Support Payroll Processing by analyzing attendance records.
• Assist in preparation of HR reports and analysis for management decision including turnover, Leave, Recruitment analysis, Absenteeism, payroll, manpower planning, Welfare, Discipline cases, leavers and joiners per month, etc.
• Ability to apply knowledge of specific HR technical areas.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
• A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Demonstrated strength in administration skills with ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
• Familiarity with business software(MS office, excel, powerpoint)
• The flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Tact and diplomacy.
• The ability to work as part of a team and support a team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Diploma in Human Resources Management
• 1 – 2 years' experience in an HR generalist with primary responsibility for payroll & benefits administration and support of other functional areas of human resources. While this position is open to entry-level employee, it has substantial responsibilities and required level of accountability that requires one or more years of experience in the field.
• Knowledge and understanding of the employment, NSSF, NHIF, Income tax laws of Kenya
• Knowledge of HR technical proficiencies with the ability to maintain and drive process improvements.
• Member of IHRM
(The above statements are intended to describe the general work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job as well as guides to priority performance areas. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, competencies etc required of the position.)