The ideal candidate will have prior experience in HR or recruitment, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. The bulk of the role will involve recruitment, employee orientation, facilities management, and benefits administration. There also exists a great opportunity for developing and refining systems. We are eager to find an HR manager who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of a growing organization.
Objectives of this Role
• Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving HR existing and recommended systems and processes.
• Assist with recruitment efforts and prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and development of training programs.
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR national requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
• Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team restructuring and morale.
• Coordinate facilities management for all Company owned sites, ensure that all non-inventory requirements are supplied and accounted for and that Company owned sites are maintained in accordance with the companies policies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
• Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for example, prepare recruitment documents, organise recruitment timetables, draft and place adverts, log application forms, post job adverts.
• Carry out all necessary all necessary employment checks including educational qualifications and medical checks and references.
• On-boarding and Induction
• Administer the onboarding process for new employees and workers, for example, prepare contracts, offer letters and process all pre-employment checks.
• Prepare induction program and liaise with line managers to coordinate all induction meetings
• Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
• Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run, for example, contractual variations, new starters, leavers, contractual benefits and staff benefits
HR Database and Reporting
• Be the primary contact for queries on the HRIS
• Act as systems administrator for HRIS, configuring the system as required, controlling all user access, managing data flows in and out of the system and ensuring accuracy and data protection compliance and liaising with IT Service providers to troubleshoot queries as required.
• Ensure the HR Database accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
• Provide appropriate reports from the HR database for the purpose of auditing and monitoring employee data and training.
Advice and Guidance
• Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries, requests and Policies and Procedures, provide technical guidance to Managing Director on HR-related issues.
• Organize and chair formal meetings, such as employee disciplinaries and grievances.
• Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee’s terms and conditions.
• Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff either face to face or electronically.
• Carry out general administration tasks for the HR department, for example, devising standard Human Resources documents and letters and managing the HR inbox.
• Responding queries and requests from current or ex-members of staff
• Ensuring electronic and paper-based personnel files are maintained, and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner.
• Maintaining an up to date Procedures Manual for all HR Administration duties.
• Coordinate facilities management for company owned sites ensuring that company owned sites are maintained according to company policies.
• Administering, promoting, and tracking usage of staff benefits schemes.
• To undertake other activities identified from time to time commensurate with the level of the post