Kidogo is a social enterprise that improves access to high-quality, affordable early childhood care & education in East Africa’s low-income communities. We partner with local women (“Mamapreneurs”) to start or grow their own childcare centres through a social franchising approach. We provide Mamapreneurs with training, mentorship and support tools so that they can give children in their care the best start to life, while their mothers go to work for the day. Kidogo currently operates in 20+ communities across seven counties and has plans to expand across Kenya and beyond. For more information, visit our website: www.kidogo.co
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH
The Kidogo Family is a fun, passionate, driven group of young (and young at heart) people who are creating a world where every child, no matter where they were born, has the opportunity to reach their full potential. You will be situated within Kidogo’s administration department.
• Responsible for creating competitive advantage through people by creating a culture of engagement, performance, developing and retaining the workforce, continually enhancing great employee experience to achieve set performance standards.
• Contribute to a high-standard performance management system that provides employees with clear structures, role expectations, and pathways to growth and development.
• Manage the employee life cycle process: attract, select, on-board, train/develop, grow & enable, retain, transition.
• Conceptualize innovative & flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified.
• Manage all company and staff policies, including updating of existing policies and development of needed new policies
• Assist in developing, updating, and maintaining the company’s staff performance management and performance evaluation systems, as well as promotion and disciplinary policies and processes.
• General HR administration, maintaining HR records, etc. and any other duties as assigned by the manager
ATTRIBUTES OF A SUCCESSFUL HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
• Do-er: You are efficient, organized and use your time effectively. You take initiative and have the ability to get the job done.
• Willing to learn: You have a willingness to listen, learn and adapt.
• Compassionate: You exercise empathy and treat all people with respect and dignity.
• Resourceful: You embody our value of doing more with less, while flexing your creativity and problem-solving skills.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND:
You must have:
• 3+ years’ experience as a Human Resources Officer or similar role.
• Degree in Human Resource Management or professional certification.
• Member of IHRM.
• Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
• Experience in a growth stage company environment.
Modest starting salary with opportunity for performance-based bonuses and upward career trajectory.
We’ll also celebrate your birthday with cake!