Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Position Description –
Position Level: Support (Assistant) Level III
USAID’s Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM)
KIM is a USAID funded project that is designed to unlock $400 million in investment for key sectors of Kenya’s economy, including agriculture; horticulture, dairy, and livestock (supported by Feed the Future), energy (supported by Power Africa), regional trade and investment opportunities (supported by the Prosper Africa initiative), women-owned businesses as well as in the WASH, health, and infrastructure sectors. KIM addresses constraints on both the supply and demand sides of investment transactions and is building a market system that will mobilize substantial capital from the public and private sectors. By building local partnerships among stakeholders in the financial system, KIM is stimulating the power of the private sector to accelerate Kenya’s journey to self-reliance.
KIM addresses two principal market failures that have discouraged investors from financing important segments of the targeted sectors: (i) insufficient quality consulting services (financial, transaction advisory, strategy, and business performance); and (ii) limited scalability of financial products tailored to selected key sectors of the economy in the region. KIM provides capacity building support to both business advisory service providers (BASPs) and Financial Institutions (FIs). KIM uses smart incentives to mobilize finance for development in the targeted sectors. These incentives are designed to create a sustainable ecosystem for businesses to access finance and investments needed to expand and grow. Business transactions are further supported by a diverse range of sustainable partnerships--with and among strategic businesses, institutions, government counterparts (county and national) and other development partners. These partnerships will lead to scaling and replicating creative approaches to unlock finance and investments, reduce risks of extending credit to the agriculture and energy sectors, and offer testing of innovative business models that can be scaled.
The Palladium Group
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The ICT Assistant is responsible for providing day to day technical support on all IT related issues including but not limited to networks, hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration, and user training among others.
• Configuration, deployment and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
• Assist in managing external providers of ICT services ensuring they deliver a high-quality output on time and within budget.
• Act as an ICT technical mentor and providing support to all staff.
• Maintain and develop the ICT infrastructure to ensuring that issues are identified and resolved quickly with minimal disruption to users.
• Obtain and install the necessary hardware and software upgrades for the ICT network to ensure that the network is capable of meeting the needs of the organization.
• Keep abreast of developments in technology, which may assist in providing more effective and efficient ICT information.
• Assist in procuring of ICT equipment i.e. providing specifications for ICT equipment required, sourcing for quotations and assisting in prequalification of the ICT vendors.
• Installation and setting up of printers and scanners to staff.
• Routine check on computers systems for software and antivirus upgrades and updates.
• Liase with Internet service providers (ISPs) to ensure reliable internet connectivity and WAN troubleshooting.
• Coordinate, configure and manage Outlook email accounts and monitor the backups.
• Ensuring requests are properly resolved in a timely manner in collaboration with Palladium’s home office IT guidelines.
• Other similar duties as assigned.
• BSC in IT or any other related field from a recognized university. Masters Preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Understanding of systems administration, networks and data base administration.
• Excellent knowledge on recent versions of Microsoft Office software suite.
• Good knowledge of computer network hardware and software.
• Good knowledge of inventory management.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to work under pressure with resilience and a positive attitude.
• Timely delivery of tasks.
• High levels of integrity and professionalism.
• Flexible enough to adopt easily to changing environment.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good interpersonal and cultural adaptability skills.