OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Serve as the primary liaison facilitating the flow of requirements between the client, project team and the organization. The objective of this role is delivery of ICT projects and assignments with focus on quality, timelines and budget to the benefit and satisfaction of the client(s). The primary purpose is to ensure that business unit project stakeholders’ expectations are met by IT systems deliveries. The Systems Engineer understands and supports the system architecture with the ability and expertise to develop overall solution to support the architectural direction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
• Oversee staff working on client engagements within projects.
• Review high-level deliverables across projects.
• Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of projects as measured by department goals and customer satisfaction.
• Minimize our exposure and risk across multiple projects.
• Manage scope and mitigate risk across projects.
• Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for all projects under your direction.
• Integrate financial data for multiple projects.
• Compare financial data for projects to that of other projects and companies and seek ways to maximize revenue.
• Analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
• Address elevated billing issues when they arise.
Solution Development and Delivery
• Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration across multiple client engagements from definition phase through implementation.
• Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
• Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Suggest alternative ICT technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
Technical Effort Management
• Create and execute development plans across multiple projects and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Keep project Manager well informed of status of development effort and serve as liaison between development staff and project manager and/or client across multiple projects.
• Manage multiple ICT Technical Teams within budget and project schedule.
• Assist in sales efforts from a technical perspective.
• Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients.
• Assist in the evaluation and redesign of project proposals.
• Possess a thorough understanding of our service proposals, technical preferences, and technical direction.
• Leads the technical execution of the ICT Projects
• Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our client’s rapidly expanding infrastructure.
• Be part of a talented team of Engineers and Technicians that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
• Manage and achieve revenue goals set for projects.
• Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
• Set expectations upward regarding revenue and profitability projections.
• Identify partnership opportunities and capitalize on "add-on" sales opportunities across projects.
• Achieve "add on" revenue goals.
• Assist in the identification of strategic accounts.
• Work in conjunction with other sales teams to follow up on sales leads within projects.
• Grow long-term relationships with clients and capitalize on equity and partnership opportunities.
• Serve as key participant in team and client meetings.
• Raise our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
• Confront issues openly and quickly.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors and peers in other companies.
• Tactfully communicate sensitive information.
• Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
• Challenge others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
• Pursue excellence in all aspects of business.
• Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
• Build expert knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others.
• Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
• Help to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
• Work across projects to share lessons learned and best practices.
• Manage day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
• Anticipate clients’ needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
• Continually seek and capitalize upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Possess a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
• Ensure that business unit project stakeholders’ expectations are met.
• Participate in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
• Review evaluations within projects for consistency.
• Mentor managers through formal and informal channels.
• Assess training needs and select training tools for team members.
• Manage the development of project teams by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Team member’s career interests.
• Responsible for mentoring and educating project team members and business partners on requirements analysis and management methodologies
• Easily recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
• Lend expertise to internal teams and task forces.
• Review the status reports of team members across projects and address issues as appropriate.
• Comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
With the guidance of Business Technology Manager, develop and implement an information Security policy that will guarantee the integrity of company information at all times
• Develop, manage and keep up-to-date system configuration documentation
• Helps support and maintain Business Continuity Plan and Contingency Plan by recreating redundant systems and quality control measures, security review, testing and documentation
• Provide data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
• Lend expertise to internal teams and task forces.
• Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional appearance
• Solid communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
• KCSE or equivalent coupled with diploma in any field
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)