LOCATION: Kenya Office and Flying Kites Leadership Academy – Njabini
DEPARTMENT: Kenya Programs
OFFICE HOURS: Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
POSITION STATUS: Management (Without Overtime)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Executive Director Kenya
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Information, Communications and Technology “ICT” Training &Program Manager is the Primary resource for ICT education strategy, training, programs, and implementation, He/she is responsible for the overall development, deployment, and effective use of educational technology systems by students and teachers, in line with all Flying Kites programs needs. He/she oversees all aspects of the day-to-day education technology utilization of ICT systems maintenance, data security, user training, vendor management, and the enforcement of ICT policies and procedures. The ICT Training & Program Manager is the primary resource for all aspects of the educational technology procurement process in Kenya, from the identification of needs and compliance with budgeting requirements to the installation, ongoing maintenance, updating and management of inventory. The role requires exceptional training, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation or additional staffing support.
● Implementation and management of KitKit school tablets program
● Develop, manage, and facilitate structured ICT training program for teachers, including competency-based assessments
● Recommend and oversee budget/procurement for all ICT educational equipment in coordination with ICT Technician
● Oversee all digital/ICT educational requirements in compliance with Kenya’s competency-based curriculum
● Develop opportunities for students to develop digital skills within other subjects, in collaboration with subject teachers
● Provide enhanced digital content to schools, including working with cultural institutions, sporting bodies and others to expand this range of resources.
● Develop and manage policies and procedures that promote safe and responsible use of the internet and social media
● Works collaboratively and flexibly with the Head of School, ICT Technician and other department heads to ensure ongoing understanding and management of all ICT-related needs and expected levels of service.
● Maintains program effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing various ICT systems.
● Recommends and documents ICT strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organizational and program outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating future requirements.
● Collaborates with Head of School and other FKLA leaders to introduce and deploy technology for students in keeping with organizational, curricular, and country objectives.
● Ensures data protection and security across all systems by developing and enforcing standards for user passwords, ensuring appropriate use of systems by teachers and students, establishing and monitoring access permissions and internet content.
● Preserves assets and information by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
● Procures software and hardware consistent with organisational needs and budgets, ensuring all proper licensing, updating and recordkeeping.
● Develops and enforces ICT policies, procedures and training requirements.
● Schedules and delivers regular classroom training to students and teachers, providing assessments of user skills..
● Identifies and proposes new systems and uses of technology to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance the organization’s ability to meet programming goals.
Education and Work Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Engineering or related field
● Minimum of 7+ years’ experience, preferably within a Kenyan School environment
● Masters’ degree in IT related field /Education will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Excellent training and content delivery skills
● Exceptional analytical skills to correctly maintain, assess, and communicate data Exceptional analytical skills to correctly maintain, assess, and communicate data
● Fluency in English and Swahili.
● Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all organizational levels.
● Exceptional quality management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact the safety and security of children.
● Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
● An incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition of employment and must be provided at time of hire and updated on request.
● Weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organisational priorities.
● Occasional travel may be required.
● Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support coverage for colleagues who are absent, on holiday or personal leave.
● All Kenya-based positions are based from the Njabini campus and subject to occasional interruptions in power and/or Internet access.
● All of our programs and objectives serve children from preschool through young adults. Our workplace is thus regularly accessed and impacted by children.
The responsibilities and specifications contained in this job description are not all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary in order to meet changing organizational and program objectives.