The successful candidate will provide focus on how to
get the work done most efficiently, balancing many factors, such as time,
number of workers needed, available technology, actions workers need to take,
achieving the end product with no errors, workers' safety, environmental
concerns, and cost.
- Preparation of operation bulletins and machine layouts for existing and new articles.
- Conduct time and motion study in order to assist the production team in line balancing.
- Ensure overtime is utilized only where required by the production team.
- Maintaining operator performance records.
- Prepare Standard Operating Procedures for important production processes.
- Monitoring factory efficiencies and advising the production team on areas of improvement.
- Costing of all styles including thread and other materials consumption.
- Suggest innovative work aids and other ways of improving productivity.
- Maintain a training log for the workers and measure their progress for promotion purposes.
- Forecasting production capacity for future orders.
- Check for absenteeism and assist the Production Executive to balance the absenteeism.
- Maintain a Skill Matrix for all operators and match it with the operator capacities.
- Improving the productivity level of workers through continuous time and motion studies and undertake continuous training of the workforce.
- Conduct start-of-shift meetings with the production team to set production targets for the shift.
- Gather absenteeism data & assist the production team to balance the same.
- Check and verify production reports before they are sent to the top management.
- Ensure 6S Standards are maintained at the workplace at all times.
- Check hourly production boards to ensure they are filled up on time and accurately.
- Ensure goods are produced as per plan to avoid excess inventory.
- Train supervisors on the best production systems.
- Do costing and other materials consumption for all articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in any science-related discipline preferred.
- Diploma in a Technical discipline with at least 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong operational background and experience working with operations team members to design & implement best practices & process improvement.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Experience in directing and supervising production personnel.
- Ability to develop creative, executable ideas and strategies.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 50, 000 – 100,000 (Approx. 500 – 1,000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Location: North Coast, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***