Job Title: Industrial Sales Agents
Location: Field-based sales in Nairobi and environs
Hours: Flexible; part-time or full-time
Compensation: Commissions only; travel and airtime allowance available after demonstrating your performance
Application Deadline: 15th August 2020
Acacia Innovations Ltd. is a fast-growing startup which provides environmentally friendly and cost-saving cooking and fuel solutions for schools and businesses. We manufacture and distribute Kuni Safi briquettes, a nearly smokeless alternative to firewood made from sugarcane waste, as well as institutional energy saving cookstoves. We are the largest supplier of clean cooking fuels to schools in Kenya, with over 400 school customers, plus several large corporate and industrial customers and we are looking to expand further into industrial sales. We are internationally recognized as a Winner of the Start-Up Energy Transition Award sponsored by the German Government and as a recipient of Energy and Environment Project grant from the Nordic Development Fund.
We are seeking a mature, sophisticated, and experienced field-based Independent Sales Agent to sell our products to industries, hotels, and restaurants. This position is well suited to someone with extensive field-based industrial sales experience and a professional network. Sales agents will work in the field, and independently from home. The contract offers generous commissions based on performance (no base salary) and is therefore designed for someone who can perform independently. The ideal candidate should have a strong track record of meeting sales targets and be highly motivated, a persuasive negotiator and confident in speaking with high-level decision makers such as factory executives and hotel owners.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate leads and cold-call leads provided by company; educate potential customers about Kuni Safi.
• Identify industries, restaurants, hotels, and hospitals with large consumption of firewood or charcoal.
• Contact potential industrial customers by phone, email, or visit.
• Actively solicit orders with a starting target of 100+ tons from industries.
• Negotiate purchase orders according to pricing requirements.
• Ensure that all industrial customers understand the terms of the agreement and payment expectations.
• Secure purchase orders and communicate all orders received to the company.
• Collect payments according to the agreed upon terms.
• Maintain thorough communication with Acacia Innovations staff and potential customers.
• Track all potential customers and closed deals on the templates provided by Acacia Innovations.
• Respond in a timely manner to all phone calls within 6 hours and emails within 24 hours.
• Strong track record in field-based sales- demonstrable results of meeting 80-100% of sales goals per month, as confirmed by your references
• 2+ years of experience selling to medium sized to large industries or hotels
• Existing professional network of industries’ executives/restaurant/hotel owners and administrators
• Excellent at sales mathematics and comfortable discussing pricing and cost savings
• Highly confident and presentable in dealing with company executives and business owners
• Strong and persuasive negotiator
• Able to work independently; very motivated
• Target-driven; able to realistically set and meet goals
• Excellent and professional verbal and written communication abilities
• Competent at basic computer and internet programs including Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Interest in improving people’s lives and our environment
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
What We Offer:
- Excellent prospects for career growth with a high-potential start-up
- Flexible working hours and locations
- An opportunity to create professional contacts and interact with high-level decision makers
- A chance to make a positive impact while generating significant income based on performance