1. Provide day-to-day mentorship and technical advice and assistance to facility staff and senior level officials of various collaborating departments and their staff (i.e., hospital directors, doctors, physicians, nurses, social workers). Primary areas include the design and implementation of facility IPC workplans and monitoring systems essential to ensure adequate implementation of IPC activities.
2. Conduct routine assessment of healthcare facilities to monitor implementation of IPC policies and practices
3. Assist with development of standard operating procedures and reporting mechanisms for IPC
4. Conduct trainings for MoH, in-country partners and facility staff on IPC policies and practices using the national IPC curriculum.
5. Liaise with the sub-county TB coordinators and sub-county IPC coordinators to supervise and implement IPC in select facilities
6. Address inappropriate or inconsistencies in IPC program interventions implemented at the county, sub-county, or facility level; finding relevant solutions and training staff to follow new procedures; s/he analyzes issues to see if there is a pattern and recommending solutions to partners or leadership depending on challenge.
7. Collaborate closely with other technical partners that are also working in support of IPC capacity building in the Ministry of Health and county Health department through holding regular IPC forums for best practice sharing and DDIU
8. Support the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation for IPC services
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Sciences/Public Health/Nursing or related fields
- At least two years of experience working with MoH, public health systems, and/or NGOs.
- Knowledge of host country specific health delivery systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The incumbent must possess a detailed knowledge of infection control measures in resource limited environments.
- Experience in preparing and facilitating trainings for in -service public health workforce development initiatives.
- Experience in coordinating multi-agency public health programs at regional, national, sub national, local levels.
- Individual will require competent data entry skills to be able to capture information from partners into required templates, forms etc. – this will be required for field base reporting and for data monitoring and reporting purpose