Reports to: Head of ICT
Gross salary: Kshs.120,000
Detailed JD for the role
• Maintaining data integrity, security and access-monitoring user access, developing and maintaining system security in line with standards and ensuring compliance to all standards.
• Independently analyzing, solving and correcting issues in real time, correcting issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Applying data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts, meet integration and performance expectations.
• Implementing strategies for data base high availability and scalability and with project teams to ensure a smooth deployment of new services.
• Providing technical mentorship and cross-training
• Prepare, review and monitor the ICT Annual Budget and Operating Plan, participate in the purchase, installation, configuration of ICT platform to ensure integrity, awareness, updates and security of all ICT resources in line with the Society’s strategic plan.
• Development & Review of ICT Policy.
• Develop and Communicate disaster mitigation and recovery plans in-case of system failure/malfunction in order to ensure business continuity.
• Responsible for management, development and security of information and communication systems.
• Evaluate and/or recommend purchases/disposal of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability and reliability.
• Participate in National and international conferences to gain knowledge on ICT best practices that the Society could employ.
• Undertake training needs analysis of ICT staff and users, conduct in-house and organize for external training
• Supervise and appraise the System, Network Administrator [WAN/LAN], Information Security Officer and Webmaster.
• Prepare and submit departmental work plans to the Head of ICT.
• Keep abreast with new ICT developments so as to advise the SACCO to take advantage of emerging technologies.
• Enforce staff compliance with ICT policy and other departmental laid down procedures
• Mentor departmental staff continuously, builds team spirit and implement measures that ensure optimal performance of the staff.
• Empower information users continuously to be able to use the existing SACCO information system competently by doing one on one training, regular group training or a combination of both.
• Assist the Head of ICT with the implementation of Society’s projects as required.
• Liaising with ICT staff and helping in establishing ICT user support knowledge.
• Evaluate the performance of the staff supervised by conducting a quarterly and annual appraisal
• Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of ICT or the C.E.O.
Education: Formal Qualifications
• B.Sc. (Computer Science, Information Technology or related field), Higher Diploma/ Diploma in Computer Science
• Knowledge of Operation of various SACCO software systems and dbases, Software development and Networking techniques
• CCNA/LINUX/LAN/WAN/CISSA /C[+] and MCSE Certification
• At least 6 years relevant experience in the same or related position.
A combination of any two of the following qualifications: Data base Administration, Network Administration (N+), MCSE, and Linux Administration, CISSA, CCNA
Note: Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.