Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (OWSC) is a water and sanitation services provider registered under the Company’s Act Cap 486 of laws of Kenya and operated as an agent of Tanathi Water Services Board. Water services provision are devolved to County Governments under the promulgation of the Constitution 2010 and therefore the Company is wholly owned by County Government of Kajiado and regulated by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB). OWSC is mandated to supply water in the. Jurisdiction of Kajiado North and West Sub Counties
To strengthen Key Human Resource capacity, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
7. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (II)
Report to: ICT Officer
Job summary: To provide technical guidance and advice on systems utilization and ensure the safety, security and control of computer systems information and data.
Job Grade 5(I)
• Deputize the ICT Manager as needed.
• Take on new areas of responsibility in consultation with ICT Officer and Head of ICT as they may develop.
• Troubleshoot Internet, network and WiFi related issues as and when they occur.
• To handle daily IT related technical support issues, escalating more complex issues to the ICT Officer.
• Catalogue and deploy IT equipment and offer support and training for the same where necessary or required.
• Catalogue decommissioned IT equipment for disposal.
• To deploy and manage mobile devices and the distribution of their apps.
• Coordinate with external service providers for the support and maintenance of ICT infrastructure.
• To assist ICT Officer in support and maintenance of the company data centres.
• Assist in preparation of internal and external publications eg Adverts, programs, certificates.
• Monitor ICT Stock resource levels and order the same with ICT Officer approval.
• Update and upload content to the company website.
• Assist ICT Officer in administration of company management system
• Assist and train staff where necessary in use of the various IT systems.
• Ensure ICT policies are followed.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade a candidate must have a B. Sc in Information Technology with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Knowledge of Understanding of Windows Operating System and management.
• Command of MacOS, iOS and iPad OS configuration.
• Hardware troubleshooting skills
• Good command of networking including VLANS, WiFi systems, structured cabling, cable termination.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
• Good understanding of Google Gsuite administration.
Written applications together with the required credentials should be send to:
The Human Resource and Admin Officer
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited
P. 0 BOX 333 - 00206, KISERIAN
Applications should reach the Company Offices located at Isalu Centre Ground Floor at Ongata Rongai along Magadi Road on or before 5th October, 2020 by end of business.
Details of the job descriptions and requirements for appointments are available at our company website: https://www.oloolaiserwatercompany.co.ke/vacancies.html