Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Angaza creates software that enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
Over 2 billion people across the globe live off-grid or are unbanked. Connecting this population to power, productive-use appliances, and financial services represents a $400 Billion+ current market opportunity. Angaza’s B2B technology platform enables distribution businesses in emerging markets to grow their revenue by over 8x by extending their sales and credit offerings to this consumer base.
When a family in Tanzania (or Nicaragua, or Nigeria, or India…) pays a weekly installment on their new home solar installation, their payment is processed by Angaza backend software. When a distributor monitors the repayment performance of their loan portfolio, they use an Angaza web application to do so. Our software is already used by businesses in 50+ countries around the world to improve the daily lives of over 5 million people.
Looking for an opportunity to stretch your creative muscles and put your multilingual abilities to use? As a member of the Orientation, Implementation and Training (OIT) team, you will be responsible for creating and translating engaging instructional content that will clearly explain the functionality of the Angaza platform in ways that meet the distinctive learning needs of our global partner base. You are passionate about user-centered design, and enjoy distilling complex technical concepts into simple, accessible instructions. Success in this role requires strong writing and graphic skills, technical savvy, and an eagerness to facilitate partner success through guided learning and discovery. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and reports to our Learning Experience Lead in San Francisco.
- Employ best practices in user-centered instructional design to develop multimedia content for the global user base of an evolving technical platform and Android application, including: interactive Learning Management System (LMS) modules, help center articles, videos, screenshots and diagrams, etc.
- Establish localization strategy and procedures for instructional materials, including subtitling and dubbing videos and translation of written materials
- Collaborate with colleagues to collectively establish a distinct and cohesive visual style, voice, and branding for Angaza instructional materials
- Work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of a broader learning framework for Angaza distributors
- Collect and analyze feedback from learners to understand learning needs and optimize learning material
- Embody a learning mindset by continually cultivating expertise of all Angaza platform features
- Collaborate with product teams to stay aware of new feature releases and effectively educate users on their use
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience; ideally in developing training content for technical products and/or for a global user base
- Technical mastery of content production and design software
- Interest in instructional design or education, and experience developing content for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Fluency in Portuguese, French or Spanish (sufficient to create written and audio content) strongly preferred
- 1+ year of translation/localization experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with exemplary follow-through and organizational skills
- Degree(s) in relevant field
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. Angaza’s offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but applicants should expect to work in-office once it is safe to do so. Angaza is headquartered in San Francisco, so Kenyan candidates should expect their day to likely run a bit later than normal business hours.
Send us your contact details and résumé. We are requiring all applicants to submit work samples supporting their candidacy. Examples could include SCORM LMS modules, help articles, video tutorials, lesson plans, training manuals, product documentation, etc. All applicants are also required to fill out the work eligibility and salary information questions.
We look at every single person. We’ll get back to you upon the review of your submission(s).
Angaza is a for-profit company based in Nairobi and San Francisco.
Employees receive salary and competitive benefits that include:
- company-sponsored private medical plan
- pension plan with company contribution
- quarterly professional development allocation
- team & mission you can believe in
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.