Reporting to the Director E-Learning, USIU-Africa Online, the Instructional Designer will plan, execute, test, and assess instructional design projects. As part of the USIU-Africa Online team, you will support the development of a suite of online courses to be offered at USIU-Africa. As an Instructional Designer, you will be the mastermind behind methodical design and development of online course curricula while providing clear direction to the faculty you are working with.
The incumbent will work closely with UI/UX, media developers, and other team members to design and develop premium online course content. You will, under general direction, use effective instructional delivery methods; modern, sleek and intuitive UI/UX design practices; and provide strong faculty support at all stages of the instructional design process.
- Collaborate with USIU-Africa faculty, students, and academic leadership, on designing and building USIU-Africa online course content and modules;
- Support online course faculty in their use of online technologies as part of online experience;
- Follow an established pace and design standard for a full-service instructional design model that leverages on modern methodologies of online course content and delivery;
- Apply engaging and interactive tools in the delivery of developed course content;
- Take advantage of professional development and presentation opportunities;
- Track and participate in the complex workflows of the instructional design process, ensuring that the assigned work is completed on time, and at the high standards required for USIU-Africa;
- Coordinate with faculty to assemble online content;
- Maintain a current and working understanding of various interactive and engaging technologies available for use in online courses and programs, including various cutting-edge and interactive technologies, such as AR/VR, and adaptive learning;
- Partner with internal and external support providers to ensure that USIU-Africa online students are well supported at all times.
- Be flexible, innovative, creative, and have a passion to support faculty and students.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with on-time deliverables.
- Fluent in curriculum development, outcomes alignment and assessment creation for online courses.
- Excellent project management skills for developing online course materials and working with faculty.
- Proven experience in applying Instructional Design Models in multimedia learning for university or graduate-level courses.
- Demonstrate knowledge of designing live action and voiceover videos for learning.
- Extensive experience developing courses in Blackboard LMS and know how to best support faculty throughout the teaching process.
- Strong pulse of e-learning trends for online learning, learning technologies and video-based learning.
- Ability to articulate learning design in the form of storyboards, slide decks and audio recordings.
- Value quality, performance and elegance for all instructional design assignments and overseeing the course build and quality assurance.
- People management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Educational Qualifications: Master’s degree in instructional design, education technology, or other related field aligned with the responsibilities of the position.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience as instructional designer, learning designer or course developer, preferably in higher education. Worked with faculty and academic leadership in the development and delivery of top tier, visually compelling, engaging, and interactive online course content – including layout and design - at the university level. Teaching experience preferred.
- Strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online technologies including but not limited to Mac, Windows, and mobile device operating systems; various academic software; various media development software, and learning management system platforms.
- Knowledge of teaching, learning, pedagogy, and faculty development.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of LMSs’ and other software and innovative technologies used in a fully online academic environment.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to carry out the essential responsibilities listed with humility, grace, and optimism.
- Problem solving skills: Balancing the University’s e-Learning needs and budgetary constraints and justifying the need for new/change of e-Learning technology.
- Internal: Faculty, Deans, Academic Chairs, ICT staff, Senate.
- External: Service providers, Suppliers, other Universities, schools, consultants.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter current CV and Certificates, to the following address email@example.com Att: Director of Administration by Friday, October 23 2020 Please Indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of the email address.