Our growing insurance company is currently searching for a highly motivated and professional Insurance Agent to join our team. If you’re a talented and highly motivated, sales-minded professional with a passion for the insurance industry, then we’re interested in you. Your chief goal as our Insurance Agent will be to generate new business by contacting potential customers and building lasting relationships.
Your work will include maintaining records of clients, assisting in processing of claims and distributing claim payments. In addition to having excellent communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Establish a collaborative relationship with prospective clients from various sources such as networking, cold calling, and referrals.
• Distribute policy proceeds after a claim is submitted and approved.
• Recommend risk management strategies that fit clients' personal risk profiles.
• Prepare and present detailed reports on the progress of initiatives to management.
• Complete administrative tasks including maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Track insurance claims to ensure client and company satisfaction.
• Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different policies to promote the sale of insurance plans.
• Create and implement marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or insurance companies.
• Respond to clients’ insurance-related questions and issues.
• A minimum of secondary school education with a KCSE certificate.
• A Certificate of Proficiency (C.O.P.) qualification in Insurance is an added advantage.
• A working experience in insurance sales or similar role is also an added advantage.
• Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in use of computer packages is crucial.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.