The Interior Designer's key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
• Outline client design objectives.
• Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
• Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
• Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
• Source materials and products included in plans.
• Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
• Utilize computer applications in the design process.
• Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Interior Designer Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
• 2-3 years work experience
• Portfolio of design work.
• Project management experience.
• Experience with computational design.
• Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
• Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.