Title: Internal Audit and Compliance Manager
Industry: Real Estate
Gross Salary: Competitive
Mint Villa Housing is seeking to hire an Internal Audit and Compliance Manager who will be tasked with continuously ensuring internal control system, risk management, and governance, procedures, and policies to minimize risk exposure for utilization of assets and other resources.
· Develop internal control measures and organize a regular review of internal control measures
· Develop annual audit plans for approval by the appropriate authority and ensure that routine audits are carried out as per the agreed plan
· Ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls of all Tillows Global policies and other statutory requirements and regulations
· Develop risk and compliance framework across Tillows Global, overall risk management strategies, and annual work plans.
· Conduct discussions with the directors, HODs, Group Human Resource and all department managers on commencement and completion of all audits.
· Check the soundness of accounting procedures and reliability of financial records and reports
· Carry out investigations in all Tillows Global, entities as the need may arise.
· Safeguarding assets and as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets to ensure assets are safeguarded.
· Ensure operations are consistent with established objectives and goals and that the operations are being carried out as planned.
· Liaise with other internal finance teams as well as directors, HODs, Group Human Resource, and all department managers to foster co-operation, reduce duplication of effort and ensure appropriate sharing of information as well as auditing.
· Advise Management on external and internal audit queries
· Guarantees complete confidentiality of records and information obtained during auditing
· Carry out audits and investigations and recommend remedial actions as per operational procedures requirements.
Managerial roles and responsibilities
· Develop and maintain a sound audit manual detailing audit practices, procedures, and standards
· Determine the accuracy and reliability of accounting records by analyzing systems and internal controls.
· Ensure audit working papers are properly prepared, referenced, reviewed and documentation systematically
· Prepare management report as required
· Supervising, training, and appraising staff and working together with all other department heads and managers as well as the finance team to foster efficiency and teamwork.
· Participate in the preparation and implementation of the strategic plan.
· Review and evaluate the financial controls, system, procedures, books of account, financial statements, and periodic financial reports,
· Assist in coordinating the activities of the audit in consultation with the office of the CEO
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas
· Effective utilization of resources
· Compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and control
· Costs control
· Risk management and safety of assets
· Compliance with safety regulations and procedures
· Ensure internal checks and balances in the company finances
· Security of the existing financial systems
· Masters in Finance or related field or business-related degree
· 5 years working experience in a finance function with a minimum of 4 years auditing experience in a senior position
· CPA – K/ACCA qualification
· Membership of professional Body
· Ability t understand and document workflow and business processes
· CISA certification will be an added advantage
· A firm understanding of internal auditing standards
· Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
· Proactively review and recommend security quality improvements in line with technological and product changes
· Knowledge and application of Internal Audit Standard in Financial services industries
· Able to integrate the understanding of industry trends and vulnerabilities to identify future possibilities opportunities and risks
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please Apply before 10th December 2021