ASA Limited is a Micro Finance company established in Kenya since 2013. We are looking to recruit an Internal Audit Manager for the Kenya office, based in Nairobi with frequent visits to over 90 branches spread across the country.
This role will suit a professionally qualified and ambitious Auditor looking to grow their career in the Micro Finance Industry.
- Shall be responsible for planning work on assigned segments of the audit; determine the extent of audit testing and working paper content
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports, processes and procedures and prepare audit working papers, recording and summarizing data
- Develop and plan documentations addressing scope, audit objectives, budgeted hours, field work and reporting dates, audit personnel and assignment of work
- Audit the activities of various departments for compliance with established plans, policies, procedures and applicable regulations
- Preparing audit reports to the attention of management and discussions at the Board of Directors meeting
- Preparation of summary report for all the branches audited in the month to be sent to Group Internal Auditor (GIA).
- Prepare own entities internal audit plan in line with holding plan and submit to the GIA monthly.
- Identification of any risk areas and communicate to GIA in the report.
- In charge of the development of the Internal Audit department, including hiring, training and supervision to internal audit staff.
- S/he maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s standards.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Internal Audit preferably from a deposit taking Micro finance/ Banking sector.
- Recognized relevant professional qualification such as CPA-K.
- Active membership of relevant regulatory Board ICPAK
- CIA, CISA or CIMA is an added advantage
- Age: 30 to 38 years.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, able to work independently and in a team.
- Fluent in English, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility to travel across the country approximately 60% of time
- Ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Expected salary range is between KES 80,000 to 100,000 based on experience and qualification
- To apply, send application, CV and testimonials clearly citing the job title.
- Applications should reach us on or before 10th August 2020.
- State your current and expected salary.
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Mid level Management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree, CPA-K