• Ensure shifts at the stations are closed at the right time as well as scan the station operations in line with the set procedures
• Performance of work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the internal audit function
• Conduct annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization
• Co-ordinate the preparation and collation of the company’s risk register, in consultations with business units’ heads.
• Manage and lead audit assignment process, including detailed planning of audit assignments, audit testing, and reporting in accordance with Internal Audit methodology
• Ensure that audit assignments are focused on key risk areas, and are performed efficiently and within time and expense budgets
• Evaluate the budget and assess its overall effectiveness for the institution as a planning and expenditure control tool
• Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
• Document audit findings and drafts audit reports, ensuring that audit issues are communicated and resolved as early as possible and obtaining necessary approvals of final reports before issue.
• Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
• Identify loopholes and share risk aversion methods and cost savings
• Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
• Make periodic reports to the Board Audit Committee.
• Periodic travelling to the stations, ensuring compliance with established controls and/or highlighting risk areas as may be identified.
• Any other duties assigned from time to time
• A first degree from a recognized university in a business-related subject. MBA will be an added advantage
• Should be a Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K), ACCA or Chartered Accountant.
• Knowledge of computer assisted auditing techniques, and have attained Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation, or working towards attaining the certification.
• Certified internal auditor or CISA
• Be a member of ICPAK
• At least 5 years of experience in a busy Audit firm or preferably in the oil Industry with experience in operational audit.
• Ability to communicate concisely and firmly.
• Ability to keep confidentiality and demonstrate integrity.
• Excellent report writing skills along with analysis and data reporting skills