JOB REF: HRM/1/5/2020: INTERNAL AUDITOR.
Key Operational Responsibilities.
• Develop an internal audit charter.
• Oversee the development and implementation of Internal Audit policies/procedures.
• Conduct internal control evaluation and Risk Assessment.
• Develop a risk-based annual audit plan.
• Implement the approved annual audit plan.
• Review the operations and financial systems of the Company to ensure reliability of financial reporting, compliance of rules and regulations.
• Review the external auditors' proposed audit scope and approach, including coordination of audit effort with internal audit.
• Review the effectiveness of the systems for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations.
• Submit periodic internal audit reports including overall ratings and risk-rated findings.
Key Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Technology, Business management, or the equivalent from a recognized university.
• CPA (K) qualification, or its equivalent.
• At least 3 years work experience as an internal auditor.
• CISA or CIA qualification is an added advantage.
• Certificate of good conduct from DCI.
• A sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting standards.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes.
• Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism.
• Strong time-management and organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• A sound understanding of Internal Control principles and philosophy.