The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Finance) or Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- ii. Professional Certification as a Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (C.I.S.A) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- iii. Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- iv. A Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Application; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Collecting and analyzing audit evidence;
- ii. Review internal control systems in operation and report on any weakness;
- iii. Preparing audit reports;
- iv. Verifying the existence of assets administered by the Judiciary;
- v. Undertaking special audit investigations and;
- vi. Prepare and maintain audit working papers.
- i. Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (1) years at Supervisory Management level;
Core Job Competencies:
- i. Good Interpersonal and Communication skills;
- ii. Supervisory and Problem-solving skills;
- iii. Confidentiality and High Integrity;
- iv. Hands-on and Results Oriented;
- v. Ability to work under pressure; and
- vi. Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.