Title: Inventory Analyst, Monitor and Control
job location: somaliland hargiesa
The Inventory Analyst, monitor and control is responsible for planning and managing inventory positioning between procurement, storage and distribution locations. Provides direction to expedite products to optimize order fulfilment, allocate and prioritize inventory between competing demands, work with all levels of the organization to ensure balanced and equitable distribution of products across the organization.
Additionally Inventory Analyst will monitor and control all various of inventories in terms of their accuracy in quantity, quality, descriptions per Company standards.
Objectives of the job
• To perform and plan product process from procurement stage till distribution locations to avoid products become out of stock and to ensure products reach the distribution locations on time and correct quantity is received.
• Put in place internal control mechanisms to safeguard company inventory and other assets so that risk of theft and misuse will mitigate.
• Monitor the inventory movements are as per Company policies and that internal controls as well as policies related to inventory is adhered. If no inventory policies are available must create one based on company operations.
• Degree in an analytical related field or equivalent experience
• A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Three years’ professional experience in the Inventory management
Skills and Competency Mix Requirements
• Strong analytical skills, including both data processing and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate efficiently with project participants at all levels within the team and across functional and organizational boundaries
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Independent starter with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Experience with planning and control systems
• Prior experience in distribution and manufacturing environment
• Must have flexibility in reacting to new situations, changing priorities, and adaptability for working in a deadline driven environment
• Strong knowledge in Excel
• Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics ERP will be an added advantage
• Manage replenishment supply from procurement stage to Distribution to ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained to fulfil customer demand from both internal distribution centre locations and external distribution centres.
• Conduct daily review of local and international fulfilment and replenishment reporting – interface with logistics/warehouse managers at regional distribution centres, liaise with sales and procurement departments to ensure optimal inventory levels in all regions
• Coordinate the fulfilment of specialty orders and ensure processing, inventory and shipments are properly fulfilled.
• Assist management in the prioritization of critical orders to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to meet objectives
• Manage and report finished goods, stock levels and order fill rates, analyse finished goods usage and recommended stocking adjustments
• Work closely with procurement and logistics departments to ensure that goods requirements are properly aligned with receiving schedules
• Develop inventory and fulfilment modelling to ensure Somaliland and regional distribution methodologies are continually reviewed and optimized
• Ensure daily scheduled cycle counts are performed
• Maintains clear, concise, and detailed records of all counting activities
• Researching inventory discrepancies and making necessary corrections
• Ensures on-going accuracy of inventory system data integrity through comparison report
• Prepare, submit and monitor daily, monthly and annually inventory accuracy report to head of warehousing/distribution
• Prepare, submit and monitor ABC cycle count attainment report
• Prepare Inventory reconciliations report and present to head of warehouse/distribution
• Coordinate and Integrate efforts across operational departments to enhance inventory accuracy
• Prepare all annually and semi-annually inventory reports for corporate accounting
• Assure departmental compliance with all established ABC policies
• Serve as lead and point of contact for inventory process audits
• Regularly training site staff in proper inventory control techniques and practices including changes
• Facilitate procurement / inventory meetings, and weekly sales meetings and inventory meetings;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
The inventory analyst, Monitoring and Control will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables.
• Risk mitigation strategies report
• Annual Report on how many products become obsolete, expired out of stock during the year
• Training Plans for all on site staff in the Company, including training programme for coordination of departmental staff
• Up-to-date inventory files
• Policy booklet for all staff handling inventory to understand and guide them
• Report/minutes of weekly meeting between inventory/distribution department, sales department and procurement department
• Weekly report on stocks that went below reorder level
• Quarterly Progress reports of the Unit