Warehouse and Logistics
Position : Inventory analyst
Division : KAL
Department : Warehouse and Logistics
Function name: Inventory analyst
Reports to: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Direct Staff Responsibility: Intern as per need.
Kibo Motorcycles is a Dutch-Kenyan company. Its vision is to unlock opportunity by providing safe and reliable mobility for all. Kibo was founded to be a global motorcycle brand that offers sustainable products accessible to all people. Entrepreneurship, quality and trustworthiness are core drivers behind our company. The future for Kibo is to be Pan-African motorcycle brand that supports people everywhere to Go Do whatever it is they need to.
Leads in the analysis of stock movements in all Kibo Africa Ltd locations which will in the long-run assist in the achievement of a robust demand planning of both after-market parts and CKD. This will enable Kibo to ensure 98% availability of all stocks as per customer’s request.
Principle function responsibilities
• General data analysis of after-market parts, GASS, CKD and other stock items as per allocation.
• Generation of weekly after-market parts and CKD forecast reports.
• Championing and concluding continuous improvement project the Kaizen way.
• Bi-annual development and review of re-order, optimum, minimum and maximum stock level points as per demand trend; for both KAL HQ and KC’s.
• Liase with warehouse co-ordinator and procurement to facilitate ordering process.
• Assist in placing orders for KCs to ensure zero stock-outs.
• Assist in the co-ordination plus leading of bi-weekly after market and CKD planning meetings.
• Perform inventory planning to ensure smooth product flow.
• Analyse root causes of inventory issues and provide resolutions.
• Communicate complex inventory issues to manager promptly.
• Develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventories and to improve inventory turns.
• Assist in inventory risk assessment and mitigation activities.
• Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time depending on company operations.
• Process and procedures champion.
• Maintaining a positive attitude and effectively engaging team members.
• Leadership with integrity.
• Diligence and timely completion of assignments
• Impeccable coordinator able to multitask while prioritising at the same time.
• Effective supervision and team coaching.
• Growth mindset leader continuously working at improving self and other team members.
Key Internal & External Relationships
Internal: Sales, Production, Aftermarket, all Internal Departments requiring GR, Logistics Department, Finance and Quality Department.
External: Supplier and supplier representatives, Security and Government Representatives as per need basis.
Expression of foreign language skills
Fluency in English language will be required, as well as an awareness of different cultures and a diplomatic approach to any associated conflicts.
Knowledge, Skills, Manner & Behaviour
Bachelor’s degree in a Relevant field (Supply Chain or BCom or BBM or Inventory management), Certification in advanced excel/ data analytics is an added advantage.
2 Years’ Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or equivalent environment. Previous work exposure in inventory data analysis is a must.
Knowledge, specifically needed for the position
• Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Applications
• Problem solving, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, A3 or World Class Manufacturing experience is an added advantage.
Key competences (skills, manner and behaviour) + level
Include minimum 6 competences per position (refer to competence library for the levels required) Attention to detail, Initiative, Commitment, Professional appearance; Commercial focus, Negotiation, Service and Customer orientation; Analytical ability and Result orientation; Communication, Leadership, Collaboration, Team-work and Networking.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Kibo! provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.