Victory Farms is the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa. We are on track to become the most efficient and sustainable fish farm in the world, with a mission to feed 2 billion Africans with locally produced, high-quality, protein-rich meals by the end of 2040.
Job Title: Inventory Supervisor
Reports to: Accounts manager
Inventory Supervisor supervises the daily activities of the inventory control staff. The role ensures adequate controls and tracking of inventory across the company. Key focus will be given to the tracking of the fish.
• Ensures that the fish inventory is properly tracked and adequate reporting is in place
• Set reporting, templates and documentation that needs to be in place
• Implement and monitor all inventory control processes and documents all procedures across the company; close all current gaps in the system
• Maintain records of all variances according to establish procedures and ensure accuracy of such records
• Ensures that all fish variances are explained
• Administer all returns of fish inventory in case of any shortages and damages
• Monitor work of all inventory control personnel and ensure achievement of all objectives and provide improvements to same if required.
• Determine and ensure optimal security of all inventory items
• Monitor and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions and maintain records of all stockroom locations
• Ensures that the systems and tools in place support the process
• Manage all inventory transactions and provide required feedback to team as required.
• Train employees and staff in all inventory control processes
Experience / Education Required:
• Attainment of a professional accounting designation (ACA, ACCA, CGA, CMA) from a recognized accounting program
• Proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• generally accepted accounting principles
• computerized accounting/finance system
• accounts payable and accounts receivables
• preparation of financial statements and financial reports
• payroll systems and reporting
• Professional experience from a reputable company of minimum of 5 years
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• great excel skills
• full understanding of inventory management, its controls and processes
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• team building skills
• well-developed accounting skills
• analytical and problem-solving skills