Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related studies
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
Our client, a financial services group in Kenya, is looking for Investment Manager to manage portfolios of investments in listed instruments both internally and those outsourced to external portfolio managers and unlisted instruments, including Internal Properties, in accordance with mandates from individual stakeholders and business units, ensuring returns above agreed market benchmarks.
Provide professional investment advisory services at globally accepted standards as well as the sound risk and financial management of the asset management business, including compliance with CMA requirements.
- Support the asset management Board to ensure the overall strategic objectives are achieved.
- Ensure growth in company revenue by providing responsive, proactive and efficient services to existing and potential clients to grow market share in the securities industry.
- Leverage on personal capabilities & expertise and industry opportunities to add value to stakeholders.
- Drive, participate and contribute in investment committees’ decisions.
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
- Provide end to end support for the investments function including the placing, monitoring of orders and settlement of trades in the fixed income and equity market to meet stakeholders’ investment objectives.
- Liaise with the stakeholders across a range of investment asset classes to agree and execute on requirements.
- Provide portfolio analysis and liaise with relevant stakeholders on respective portfolios, provide feedback on portfolio performance and seek opportunity to cross sell and deepen wallet share.
- Timely processing of documents including account opening, KYC, payments, and statement/confirmation requests etc.
- Manage the internal property portfolio to ensure that optimal value is obtained including sales and letting when required.
- Evaluate and monitor portfolio performance to ensure consistency across clients with broadly similar mandates.
- Develop, maintain and build strong long-standing relationships with existing and potential clients and other stakeholders.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed.
Compliance & Best Practice
- Ensure strict compliance with laid-down controls and processes.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Manage portfolio risks and regulatory compliance aspects regarding asset allocation.
- Ensure implementation of investments decisions as agreed by investment committee and mandates set by the business.
- Monitor the profitability and capital adequacy of the asset management business taking corrective action when required.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and ethical standards commensurate with the requirements of market best-practice.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use and/or consumption.
- Ensure incident reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Prepare investment reports for regular reporting to the board.
- Ensure regulatory returns, reports and other compliance documents are prepared and submitted in a timely manner. Including follow up or approval and/or closure.
- Promote a positive work climate and culture.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Execute effective workforce planning practices and actively participate in recruitment of suitably qualified talent for the department in line with the company’s policies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related studies
- 8 years’ post qualification experience in the financial sector with at least 4 years of demonstrable effective management of a thriving investment portfolio/ Advisory experience in a securities business or other financial intermediary - Essential
- Licensing or registration | ICIFA/CISI/ ATS certification - Essential
- In depth understand of Investment management principles - Essential
- Demonstrable in-depth understand of financial institutions and the Capital Markets Authority regulatory frameworks and related financial management requirements - Essential
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level - Important
- Ability to shape the business strategy around investments - Important
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured