The successful candidate will be part of the investment team & report directly to the Chief Investment Officer. He/she MUST have relevant experience in assessing investment opportunities in sub-Saharan Africa, development impact, compliance and HSES standards.
• Focus on the project and corporate transactions in a broad range of infrastructure sectors.
• Develop a strong network of partners, co-developers, financiers and others to support the origination & delivery of infrastructure projects across Africa.
• Support the Investment Analyst with their assessment of market appetite on entry and exit.
• Lead and undertake financial analysis and full due diligence of new infrastructure transactions.
• Review and make recommendations with respect to the studies & documentation produced during due diligence.
• Identify and suggest mitigations for any risks to the Organisation.
• Liaise with the development impact, legal, finance, HSES and Asset Management teams throughout the due diligence processes.
• Analyse the commercial structure & associated terms of Organisation Africa’s involvement in the transaction, querying or developing financial models as needed.
• Draft & present screening & investment papers both for Organisation’s internal development committee and investment committee.
• Support & mentor the investment analyst as they learn to undertake due diligence activities and prepare investment papers.
• Contribute to development activities on projects/future investments.
• Lead the Organisation eventual exist from investee companies.
• Must have a post-graduate degree i.e. MBA, CFA, CA or its equivalent.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree with strong academic results.
• A least 4 years of relevant experience accessing investment opportunities in sub-Saharan Africa.
• Must have successfully led the entry and subsequent management of projects or corporate-financed investments.
• Experiencing exiting an investment (selling interest to a third party) will be a distinct advantage.
• A demonstrable interest in renewable power, water, affordable housing, transport or other infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa.
• Demonstrated integrity & professionalism in previous roles.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive remuneration depending on individual skills, experience and qualification.
Position level: Upper Mid-Level.
Job Type: Permanent Position.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 31st October 2021.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***