Our client, a global impact investing organization whose mission is to help build and support High Impact Businesses that provide sustainable economic opportunities to millions of people living at the base of the economic pyramid., is looking for an Investment officer to be based in the offices in Nairobi.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:3 years
The organization is a unique hybrid approach, that blends investment capital and capacity building to High Impact Businesses, which then empower the poor as independent entrepreneurs and consumers of affordable goods and services. The Investment Officer will work with his/her colleagues in the region to identify pipeline opportunities, develop and supervise investment and technical assistance transactions, and contribute to partnership development, among other responsibilities. In addition, the Investment Officer will be part of the global investment team and will participate in and contribute to global investment and technical assistance initiatives and knowledge sharing. The Investment Officer will report to the Africa Regional Director.
● Develop a strong pipeline of new quality investment opportunities in the region
● Lead the investment due diligence process including but not limited to: engaging with the prospective clients, structuring and closing investments, building the financial models; and preparing the legal agreements, investment memoranda, and other investment process
● Lead and manage the relationships with existing clients, including but not limited to conducting supervisory calls and meetings, collecting and analyzing financial, operational, and social metrics reports provided by clients, and following up to ensure client payments
● Develop technical assistance (TA) programs for clients, monitoring their implementation, and evaluating results
● Prepare client management documents for internal reviews
● Manage relationships with regional and local partner organizations; contribute significantly to partnership building
● Contribute to organization-wide initiatives, including disseminating lessons learned and best practices across the organization and contributing to mentoring junior staff
● Contribute to the development of the region’s strategic plan and ensure that the team is meeting its objectives
● Supervises work of investment analysts on deal-by-deal basis
● Perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective
• Related advanced degree (MBA and/or masters in related field preferred) and 5+ years of investment experience or related bachelor’s degree and 7 years of investment work experience
• 3+ years of senior management experience in a small or medium enterprise in a developing country
• Demonstrated ability of leading a significant portion of investment activities including (1) screening leads, conducting due diligence, structuring & closing deals; (2) drafting related memos, scorecards, financial models & legal documents; (3) assessing social impact; and (4) leading deal discussions in decision meetings; Additional experience of development and implementation of technical assistance projects strongly preferred
• Relevant industry & emerging market knowledge/experience is a plus
• Demonstrated ability of leading a significant portion of client supervision & technical assistance
• Strong track record in successful client management, including interacting directly & independently with the senior management of potential clients and other stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
• Ability to act independently and execute sound judgment
• Strong financial, accounting, and excel skills, experience building financial models is a plus
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Good understanding of and passion for the field of social enterprise and impact investing
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Position Level: Management level
Deadline: 4th of December, 2022
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured