StepWise is partnering with Zalego to hire an iOS Intern
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation.
StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
Zalego is looking for an iOS Intern working to maintain applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones, tablets and computers. Your primary focus will be to offer support in development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Help design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications.
- Degree/Diploma or other related courses in computer science or software engineering.
- Knowledge in app developing.
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Knowledge in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Knowledge of C-based libraries.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments/Shark.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Have understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration