- Provide assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology.
- Set up and configure desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning.
- Provide technical support to staff and train new users in the use of system/ICT facilities and systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose hardware versus software problems, implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Log and track all system and process issues and incidents using formal documentation.
- Maintain systems, databases and web pages.
- Supporting and advising on downtime procedures and business continuity to ensure that they are adopted successfully.
- Transfer computer files between platforms.
- Advise and instruct staff (users) on best IT practices, internet and emails.
- Allocating IT assets to each staff based on need and requirement.
- Management of IT equipment and tools in assets register & database.
- Regular Inspection, service and maintenance of IT equipment and tools.
- Monitor systems for security gaps, design and support firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Any other duties as may be directed by the IT Manager.
Education and experience;
- BSC in IT or any other related field from a recognized college/university.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Understanding of systems administration, networks and data base administration.
Excellent Knowledge on recent versions of Microsoft Office software suite
- Good Knowledge on Computer network hardware and software.
- Good knowledge on inventory management.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to work under pressure with resilience and a positive attitude.
- Timely delivery of tasks.
- High levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Flexible enough to adopt easily to changing environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.