LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya & Kismayo, Somalia
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 (Six) months with possibility of renewal
START DATE: January 2021
SALARY GRADE: According to SIF’S National Staff Salary Scale
The IT & Communications Officer is responsible for Providing assistance in monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the coordination and mission, according to SIF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
Assist in monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of SIF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
The IT & Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
• Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of SIF, and coordinate publicity events as required.
• Be in charge of all the company’s social media accounts.
• Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
• Proficiency in design and publishing software.
• Assist in analysing the ICT needs of the mission and assists to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
• Assist in identifying and implementing Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ICT standards, etc.). Assist in installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission.
• Troubleshoot application software installation and configurations, electronic mail, internet and network access problems.
• Provide support for deployed computer application systems; Install computer application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
• Provide assistance in comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance.
• Support by checking and providing network security, help desk assistance and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check-up and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.).
• Support staff ensuring their questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to SIF policies and procedures in force at any time).
• Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
• Implement information systems policies, strategies and activities of the Information and Communication Technology Services.
• Ensure all network equipment is adequately monitored with appropriate alert escalation.
• Participate in testing and evaluating new tools and technologies and making recommendations on the adaptation of such tools.
• Draft end-user and/or technical documentation.
• Keep abreast of developments in information systems and technology in order to make recommendations.
• Ensure that all computer data backups are properly performed every month.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
▪ Degree in IT and Communications.
▪ 2 years’ or more experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
▪ Computer literacy in:
o Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
o MS Office 2003/2007/2010
o Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
o Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
o Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
o Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric.
o Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
o Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
o Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access
• Preferably a Kenyan and Somali Nationality
• Fluent in English and Somali;
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references). (Please use word or PDF format) not later than Friday 30th, October 2020. The position title (IT & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER) should be indicated on the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; females are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.