International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an internationally youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self development programs encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship to harness creativity for youth system that provide jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
- Join the Pipe Project: Also known as a water kiosk at school it consist of financing community based schools and youth associations to set up Join the Pipe Water Kiosk model at school/ community across Kenya for people to access clean drinking water and sanitation whenever possible.
- Jijenge Kijana Fund: A youth Livelihood Pathways offering micro-credit, micro- saving and training enabling ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods.
- Youth Leadership & Entrepreneurship Training: Consisting of debates and workshops giving East African youth life didactic principles with intensive instructions that shoves them to expand their boundaries of knowledge molding them into great leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Reflect Experiment Capture (REC): Is a project entailing art, experimental film making and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying in particular through experimental film making as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth which is our target group.
- Young Social Innovators – Engines of Social Change: The project aims on one hand to conduct a comparative analysis of youth issues, attitudes and policies in relation with the social innovation processes from the perspective of various world regions, and on the other hand to promote the recognition of Youth Work by building youth workers’ and youth leaders’ capacity to empower young people for using social innovation in finding local answers to complex social and societal challenges in participating communities.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training 4 Youth Power “SET YP”: The project aims to develop structured and innovative solutions towards increasing employability potential of young people throughout providing them with knowledge on social entrepreneurship & innovation.
IT & Development Assistant
The ITF’s IT & Development Assistant leads the organization’s process to chart its course in Youth Development. He/she is responsible for the technological direction of the organization. He/she reports to the Operations Director.
· Design the Organization’s publications;
· Offer help desk support to workmates;
· Contribute to any technological issues when called upon;
· Conduct regular hardware maintenance;
· Design system applications to be used in the organization;
· Manage information system and communications network;
· Design & Direct the strategic plans for the ICT development of the organization;
· Keep informed of the emerging trends in ICT for youth development and non-profit organizations.
At least second year university/college student in ICT course.
Good organizational skills, including ability to work within tight deadlines.
Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team, and to use own initiative.
Ability to conduct training.
Willingness to learn.
Willingness and capacity to volunteer.
Have passion and commitment for youth development.
Although ITF Volunteer staff enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF staff operate on full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.