IT Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and Resolve System Issues
- He or She will be responsible for studying ACS current computer system, identifying areas that need improvements or overhauls and implementing these changes. One need to be skilled in assessment techniques and have the ability to design and install any necessary upgrades to the system.
- Develop Systems
- Create an IT or computer system specific to company needs. This often will entail some programming and scripting knowledge, as well as planning, configuring, testing and monitoring new systems.
- Document Work
- One must
document system configurations, updates they make to a system and any
new procedures or policies created in their work.
IT Engineer will often be called upon to act as a project manager/assistant. Often oversee IT staff and coordinate with vendors and internal users when implementing a new system. They may be required to setup meetings, present information and order supplies and equipment when working on a project.
The engineer will also be responsible for selling acs products and services online/via telephone. Be quick to respond to quotations and in tenders.
IT Engineer Skills
- Knowing security protocols, IT systems, networking infrastructures and database systems
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with inter-disciplinary teams to craft IT solutions
- Communicating complex information
- Troubleshooting technology problems