The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy. Must have a professional information security certification.
• Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
• Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems & identifying areas for improvement.
• Liasing with the Security partner to ensure timely security audits & risk assessments.
• Work as L2 support on the email security Solution.
• Ensuring user awareness sessions are done quarterly for all businesses.
• Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities.
• Implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced, or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered.
• Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation.
• Devising strategies and propose IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks.
• Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information.
• Communicating digital programmes and strategies to a range of stakeholders.
• Ensuring server scans are done and implement proposed changes.
• Bsc in Computer Science or any other related field.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience.
• Professional information security certification.
• Must have experience in an information security role.
• Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking & new security technologies.
• A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver.
• Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to.
• Strong customer focus and able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
• Must be flexible and adaptable.
• Can make decisions that are well informed and timely.
• Creative thinking, able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 70,000 – 80,000 (Approx. 700 – 800 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th September 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***