Duties and Responsibilities;
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, networks and testing new technology.
• Timely respond to service issues and requests, providing technical support across the society.
• Setting up accounts for new users and training staff members.
• Repairing and replacing equipment when necessary.
• Uphold and enhance Information Security.
• Develop and implement communication activities as needed.
• Ensuring efficient flow of information to and from members and other stakeholders as and when required.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• BSC in Information Technology and University degree/ Computer Science or Information and Communication Technology
• At least 2 years working experience in related functions in a busy office.
Key Skills and competences:
• Must have good understanding working in a robust IT environment
• Excellent understanding and interpretation of user related challenges
• Strong Problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills.
• Planning and organising skills/ quality orientation.
• Integrity and honesty
• Team player
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited send their detailed applications by COB 27/8/2020.
Due to the numerous applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted