Our client in marketing and advertising industry would like to recruit an IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization. You will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
The work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
You'll be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but you'll need to:
• install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• replace parts as required
• provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• support the roll-out of new applications
• set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
• work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
• rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
• In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
• Ability to work well with people
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
• Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
• Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
• Over 3 years’ experience