1.1 Job Title:IT Support Specialist
1.2 Division/Branch:Company Holdings Ltd
1.3 Department:IT Department
1.5 Reports to:Group IT Manager
1.6 Job Supervises: N/A
2.0 Job Purpose:
To provide Superior IT Support to the company end-users on technical issues related to Information and Communication Technology.
3.0 Key Responsibilities:
• Provide Tier1 on-the-phone and office IT user support to the company end-users across all locations in Tanzania.
• Configuring, Maintaining, Repairing and Upgrading Operating Systems and other Software Applications and related peripherals according to the company Standards.
• Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, and Troubleshooting PC’s and other Network Hardware within the company Network.
• Performing preventative maintenance on end-user PC’s, Printers, Scanners and Network Devices on the company Network.
• Troubleshoot and Maintain Internet and MPLS connectivity to the company Tanzania business locations in conjunction with the Infrastructure Administrator.
• Ensure proper documentation, tracking & escalation of all support issues/incidents on the company service desk system in conjunction the Service Desk analyst.
• Assist in deploying new company Network hardware & software as needed in conjunction with the System Administrator and Infrastructure Administrator.
• Conduct any other duty related to core systems as may be instructed by Group IT Manager.
4.0 Academic and Professional Qualification
• Diploma in IT, or related field
• CompTIA A+, Network+, or related entry-level IT certifications
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT Support on a corporate network.
6.0 Knowledge and Skills
• Proven Ability to troubleshoot various hardware and software problems within a corporate network and suggest/implement necessary solutions.
• Basic understanding of Enterprise Network protocols
• Good knowledge of Windows Client Operating Systems
• Basic Knowledge of Database protocols.
• Basic Knowledge of Active Directory.
• Basic Knowledge of the IP addressing, subnetting and Routing concepts.
• Basic Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Proxy, and Terminal Servers on Windows
• Ability to prioritize IT issues/problems for efficient end-user support.
• Great attention to detail
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Good customer Service skills.
• High level of integrity, honesty, and accountability.
• Good systems troubleshooting skills.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Good initiative & desire to learn and keep abreast of new and emerging technologies.