The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of Africa IT Support; this includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions and supervises Information Technology support staff.
• Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge and adherence to established organizations policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management.
• Maintenance of the organization’s ICT resources, helpdesk management and end users IT support that is assisting individual staff with troubleshooting and resolving computer software and hardware problems.
• As head of the IT support team, they will be responsible for maintaining a high level of customer/client satisfaction and finding ways to measure and improve it.
• Supervises the IT support staff; this includes performance reviews, training, mentoring, and monitoring time and attendance.
• Coordinates and takes lead in field processing circuit ride servers preparation, deployment, returns, audio-visual conferencing setups and remote staff support.
• Assists with computer equipment and software budgeting, purchasing and installation.
• Upholds the help desk escalation process through 1st and 2nd line IT support or as per the set escalation matrix.
• Responds to escalated help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, escalates helpdesk requests to other senior IT staff when necessary and makes follow ups to ensure helpdesk SLAs are not violated.
• Analyzing helpdesk data to identify technology needs and staff IT training needs then plans, and delivers IT training to information systems users including new hires IT orientation in coordination with the Training Department.
• Works closely with the Property department to ensure that they keep an updated IT equipment inventory with functional IT equipment to support users.
• Liases with IT staff in Washington DC on circuit rides support, security compliance and providing any other remote technical assistance.
• Travels to remote locations for monitoring of IT equipment and client support needs assessment.
• Collaborates with and supports the sub office IT staff in their tasks and various projects.
• Working with the other IT units specialists on various tasks and projects and when needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Staff.
• Any other tasks as assigned by IT Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field is required.
• Other advanced professional training in IT related field is required.
• Must have at least 8 years of paid work experience.
• 3 years’ experience in IT staff and systems support preferably in a Windows based environment, is preferred.
• Experience in managing a team and major IT projects is a plus.
• Best interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problems solving skills in a Windows based environment.
• Strong knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper-Mid level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 8th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***