He/she will be responsible for office maintenance The ideal candidate(s) should have at least one year of experience in an office related environment. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Thoroughly clean the offices, bathrooms, kitchens and walkways as assigned.
• Observe the office environment, ensure that the fire exits are always kept clear and promptly report any potentially hazardous situations such as slippery floors, loose electric wires or sockets.
• Ensure that all the office windows and various interior and exterior doors and grills are closed and securely locked at the end of every business day.
• Ensure that all photocopiers and printers have been checked for documents and switched off at the end of every business day.
• Ensure that non-essential equipment is switched off and only the minimum equipment required is switched on.
• Report any equipment that sounds or appears broken or in need of repair, including door and window locks that need lubrication, tightening or replacement, leaky water taps etc.
• Undertake odd jobs such as minor repairs and window cleaning in coordination with the Senior Janitor.
• Monitor stock levels of supplies needed for cleaning and maintenance and submit timely requisitions for additional supplies.
• Ensure that all the bathrooms are well stocked with soap, hand towels, tissue papers, air fresheners, etc at all times.
• Assist in general office duties as assigned e.g., photocopying, shredding, packing and moving of files.
• Ensure that the indoor plants are watered and cleaned.
• Routine daily purchases e.g., daily papers, milk and prepare tea/coffee visitors.
• Perform any other duties which are developed and assigned in order to improve office operations.
• Diploma or Certificate in relevant field.
• Have at least one year of experience in a similar position.
• Have basic knowledge of office equipment i.e., printers, photocopiers
• Must have a good understanding of cleaning procedures.
• Have a good command of the English Language, written and spoken.
• Must be well presentable for the corporate environment.
• Have knowledge of stock taking.
• Must have keen attentional to detail.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 43,000/= (Approx. 430 USD).
Career Level: Entry Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***