1. Undertake project initiation activities including preparing a project charter and business case for assigned projects
2. Translates the project mandate into detailed concept, defining benefits, analysing interested parties, and defining deliverables
3. Responsible for providing strategic project planning, including resource planning, preparing a comprehensive project schedule and project budgeting
4. Mobilise project team consisting of internal business users, IT experts, business partners and third party suppliers
5. Lead the project team in execution of project activities ensuring required quality standards are adhered to
6. Vendor management to ensure the project is delivered on time, on scope and within budget.
7. Project risk management including carrying out risk assessments and designing and implementing risk mitigation initiatives
8. Develop and implement a communication and change management plan for the project
9. Develop and implement a stakeholder management plan to ensure project success
10. Updates the project plan as the project progresses, assess risk, resolves issues and reports
11. Manage project CAPEX and OPEX budgets
12. Provide periodic project status reports to key stakeholders
13. Employ business analysis, system design and system testing methodologies to manage quality of project deliverables ensuring business requirements are fully met
14. Ensures appropriate handover of the project including the documentation of lesson learned and a submission project report
15. Ensures proper integration (by appropriate communication and documentation) of the deliverables.
The desired qualifications are:
• Experience as a project management or equivalent. Knowledge of the Insurance of insurance processes is a plus.
• Proven ability to manage complex and multiple projects with tight and conflicting deadlines - fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Sound working knowledge of technologies and industry trends.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to successfully engender a participative process across a culturally diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong initiative, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to create or stimulate customer-focused strategies.
• Strong level PC/software skills, particularly in MS Office suite and project/process design and administration tools (e.g. Visio, MS Project
• Minimum 3 years experience in management information system implementation as a developer or a technical business analyst or project manager.(This very important)