OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services Limited (UNES) was awarded a Cooperative Agreement by USAID in 2016 to implement HealthIT Project. HealthIT is a USAID mechanism whose purpose is to work with the Ministry of Health and Department of Children Services to Strengthen National Policies, Strategies, Standards and Reporting related to Kenya’s Health Information System (HIS) to support County and National Level Health Services. The purpose has two sub purposes: Sub-purpose one delivers strengthened national information systems that support reporting, provide data for decision-making for GoK and Stakeholders, and sub-purpose two delivers improved institutional capacity of national and county MOH on use of health systems, quality data capture and reporting. The project aims to develop and maintain health and child protection information systems to make data available for use in decision making for improved health outcomes.
7. Junior Software Developer (UNES/HLIT/PSD/01/2021)
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Junior Software developer will be tasked to serve in a crosscutting capacity across various information Systems supported by the HealthIT Project. The Junior Software Developer will work closely with project stakeholders, other developers, quality assurance specialist and business analysts and is a dedicated resource for designing, developing, and maintaining IS. The junior developer will serve as a key software development team member who can work with Software Developers to translate business requirements into a final, robust, working, scalable, and secure software product. In addition, the junior developer will be expected to facilitate capacity building and systems user and technical documentation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test HIS systems
• Enhancing CPIMS, DHIS2, DSL, KHMFL, PHES, JPRP, Service Desk and other IS by analyzing business requirements, user requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
• Maintain the existing IS assigned to you and by identifying, correcting software defects and enhance software functionality.
• Facilitate and contribute to IS systems integration and data enhancement
• Provide data management support to stakeholders
• Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new technologies
• Plan, coordinate and conduct systematic IS system testing and documentation
• Engaging users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
• Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the products for our customers.
• Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develop and maintain both user and technical documentation for systems
• Facilitate capacity building
• Be willing to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the project
• Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
• At least 1 years’ work experience in a reputable firm
• A good record of working within Academic environment
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Java and Python
• Functional skills in modern software development frameworks or methodologies such as RAD, JAD and DSDM.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems and no-SQL databases
• Good Planner and organizer
• Excellent operational decision maker
• Excellent team member
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download via the following link:http://unes.co.ke/home.php/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Applicants-Personal-Data-form-UNES-FM-A-022.docx) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
• All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY