The Warehouse assistant supervisor directly assists the warehouse supervisor to manage the operations of their warehouse so that the warehouse supervisor has enough capacity to oversee the management of all warehouses in your area of operations.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Warehouse assistant supervisor directly assists the warehouse supervisor to manage the operations of their warehouse so that the warehouse supervisor has enough capacity to oversee the management of all warehouses in your area of operations. The assistant supervisor's role is to support the warehouse Supervisor with the more routine work in the warehouse to enable you to step into more responsible oversight of the entire warehouse/s.
- Help manage the warehouse in compliance with our policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operation
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Share responsibility for stock control and reconcile with the data storage system team.
- Support in recruiting, coaching and motivating the warehouse's casual labour workforce.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, We are seeking individuals with technical, with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and Google Sheets, and demonstrated passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. Someone who wishes to be a member of a growing logistic core unit team on top of the above skills will have:
- Certificate or Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration with at least 1 year of experience in warehousing.
- Specialized training in Procurement and supplies, store keeping or logistics
- Experience implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to manage staff (casual management)
- General knowledge of Excel and warehouse management best practices.
- Experience in supply chain and warehousing.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Awendo, Bungoma, Butere, Chavakali, Eldoret, Kehancha, Malava, Sagana, Yala; Kenya
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
07 February 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured