ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
One Acre Fund is operating a growing number of rural retail outlets. As One Acre Fund's Rural Retail Lead in Kenya, you will work closely with all members of the Rural Retail Department to support the smooth running of their daily work. You will be the direct manager of, initially, up to 3 area supervisors in a geographical location, who in turn currently manage up to 15 shops. Your work will be essential to the success of these retail outlets. You will report directly to the Duka Operations Lead.
- Manage several Duka Area Supervisors, who in turn each manage a cluster of up to 15 Duka Officers;
- Ensure the smooth running of daily operations across the shops that you are responsible for;
- Manage the training of the Duka Area Supervisors, Duka Officers, and their assistants within your allocated cluster;
- Manage the delivery and return of orders across the shops that you oversee;
- Managing the relationship with external agrovets, as supplied by One Acre Fund, within the geographic area that you manage;
- Maintain a consistent customer experience across all shops;
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager as needed.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in sales/marketing, particularly in an agricultural context.
- Experience working in sales, marketing, or business management;
- Strong knowledge of agricultural products and practices;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Experience managing people;
- A logical mind with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively;
- Excellent computer literacy
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Based at our HQ in Kakamega, with frequent travel around our network of shops
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
- Join a rapidly expanding team of committed individuals;
- Connect and collaborate with engaging colleagues from diverse background
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.