Seeking an experienced marketing leader to build a unified consumer marketing function in Kenya and lead a four-person marketing team.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
In Kenya, we operate under the farmer brand Tupande, serving 830,000 farmers and employing 4,000 staff. We aim to transform every farming community in Kenya by delivering sustained food security and pathways to prosperity.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
This new role will build a unified consumer marketing function and a four-person marketing team. As we expand our services for farmers, we are centralizing our marketing efforts. Farmers can now purchase quality farm products through our sales agents, at local shops, or on an app. You will design 360 marketing campaigns across all customer touchpoints. This is an opportunity to shape a growing organization and deliver direct value to farmers.
- Set consumer marketing strategy. Design marketing efforts to create the best end-to-end customer journey from initial brand discovery to purchase and retention. Develop compelling campaigns that build the Tupande brand and drive sales.
- Advise business leaders. Advise Tupande leadership and heads of six regional teams on marketing priorities and best practices. Report to our sales team leadership. Manage significant annual marketing spending.
- Manage marketing execution. With your team, ensure that marketing campaigns are consistent across all channels, including paid media, earned media, and direct-to-consumer. Ensure that the 2,700-person customer sales team is amplifying our main messages.
- Build a team. Hire and manage a marketing team of four to start (marketing operations, digital advertising, and digital community management). Collaborate with our in-house creative team and manage external vendors.
- Analyze data. Centralize data on marketing efforts across all channels and teams. Use data to recommend ways to improve the cost of customer acquisition.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- At least 6 years of consumer marketing experience and 3+ years in senior marketing roles.
- Experience designing 360 campaigns in rural areas (e.g. using radio and SMS).
- Experience in digital outreach to increase app adoption (e.g. social, SEO, Google Play store).
- Experience managing budgets, analyzing data, and delivering revenue growth.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a One Acre Fund country of operation is required.
- Experience in the Kenyan corporate sector and with fast-moving consumer goods.
- Education: At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree is required for this position.education: At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree is required for this position.
- Language: English required, Swahili a plus.
Preferred Start Date
Flexible work location. Work from anywhere in Kenya, with regular travel to our field sites.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
8 December 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured