ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working within the Kenya Logistics department, and reporting to the Logistics PA (Delivery Operations), the deliveries specialist will manage 2 direct and about 30 indirect reports. You will manage all plans of input deliveries each year and promote all operational excellence work for the Unit.
- Manage all planning activities for smooth input deliveries by ensuring the availability of warehousing capacity, staff capacity (skill, training, etc.), and equipment.
- Work with Logistics managers and help build all operational improvements for the Deliveries Unit by promoting the creation of solution-based process innovations. The unit leader will also oversee improvement projects and trials initiated by the country and global teams.
- Serve as the lead interdepartmental and intradepartmental coordination lynchpin for logistics delivery operations. Be the central contact for all Deliveries Unit team members and clients.
- Manage primary responsibility for all inventory management and reconciliations at all Warehouses. Working in close collaboration with the Data Unit lead to ensure the integrity of inventory information reported at the warehouse level.
- Lead staff development in the unit including recruitment, performance development, and overseeing the implementation of mechanisms designed to support staff development and improvements.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for the deliveries unit by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience in Supply Chain Operations at a managerial level
- Skills in advanced Excel analysis, including Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and Array Formulas
- Experience of Logistics Operations
- 25% expected traveling to provide execution oversight
- Innovation: brings creativity to the workplace
- Degree or equivalent experience: University Degree with preference in Supply Chain related field
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Experience with Inventory Management systems
- Experience with Fleet Management systems is desirable.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
- Flexible work environment / Remote working opportunity
- Connect and work with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.